The Ethics of Border Management Surveillance Technology – Workshop
A workshop on “The Ethics of Border Management Surveillance Technology” took place via webinar on the 15th of June 2023. As experts in the ethics of new technologies, Trilateral Research was chairing the discussions on ethical, social, and legal implications of an EU Border Management Surveillance System.
The workshop was designed to bring together EURMARS project partners as specialists in the field of surveillance technology and border management, and civil society representatives focused on the protection of human rights, to discuss the latest developments and challenges in border management.
It was a great opportunity for project partners and other professionals to share perspective on the Ethics of Border Management Surveillance Technology and discuss to what extent these perspectives should be considered during EURMARS and/or other border management projects.
Topics that where discussed:
- EU Border Management: challenges and path going forward
- Overview of the EURMARS Project and its objectives
- Ethical and Social Implications of EU border Management Surveillance Systems
- Legal Framework and Best Practices for Border Management Surveillance Systems
- AI Act and its impact on border management surveillance technologies
- Best Practices for Border Management Surveillance